Posts

Friday, September 9, 2011

IT STARTS NOW!

Dear Bloggers, I am deeply sorry for neglecting to write in this blog. As creative writing and expressing myself does not come very naturally to me, I have put off doing it for quite some time, but I am determined to stay committed to sharing my experiences with you all and what the Lord has been revealing to me and pressing on my heart from now on. Well, before I share anything with you I must be brutally honest and confess that I have not been diligent in going to Dr. Emily's abortion clinic for quite a few weeks now. Due to summer vacations and activities we've spent most of the time away from NYC, but I have been back for a few weeks and have not gone to the clinic yet. If I wanted to, I could come up with a million different excuses why I haven't been able to go, but the reality is, I haven't had as much of a burden and passion for it like I did before. I've been procrastinating on going and very uncommitted, and although I can fool myself into thinking that God understands my actions, I will not even try to justify it. But lately I've been thinking allot about missions, about people, about lost souls, and hurting lives. It brings tears to my eyes to think of all the people in this world who don't have a relationship with their Creator or may not even know anything about God or what Jesus did for them on the cross. I think about people who have suffered poverty, abuse, starvation, and a million other hardships. I have been so blessed to be born into a family that loves God and honors his word, and I have never really suffered true pain. All my life I've known and heard about the things of God and now I can share an intimate relationship with Him and its all because of His soveriegn grace that has been sufficient over my life. Is it not our job to share these truths with those who don't know about it, those who don't know the gospel. The other night I was watching a film about a man who went to the isolated island of Tonga to bring the gospel to the tribal people. He had to learn the language and build a kingdom. For 2 years (I think) he lived, ate, worked, conversed among those people and went through all sorts of hardships to deliver the message to these people. He had a heart for them and a passion for the ministry, He was willing to leave everything to be a missionary. I asked myself, "Am I willing to stand by my father, of husband one day and go to the worst parts of this world to bring the truth to these lost souls. Do I have such a burden for people that I am willing to go through whatever I have to go through to reach out and deliver the message of salvation?" If God called us to make disciples than why aren't we doing that in our very own town. I ask myself, why do I stay quiet when there's a chance to speak up, or stay seated when there is a chance to stand up. Why do I stay silent in the crowd when there is a chance to stand alone. I don't have to wait to be a missionary. I need to be faithful NOW. Are we being faithful in our own homes? Are we being missionary to our communities? Do our piers even know about our beliefs and are we being a testimony in our music school's or secular programs. It all starts here. Are we sitting around waiting for God to bring an opportunity for us to go to another country when were not even whitnessing to our own neighbors? Are we asking God to use us when we can't even honor our parents which is the first commandment with promise! Do we desire to go to the poorest orphanages in the world when we can't even speak kindly to our younger siblings. Are we asking God to give us the strength to stand alone out in this dark world when we can't even do that among our closest friends and family. Are we setting the standard or waiting for someone else to do it first? The issue isn't that we don't have enough missionaries, the issue is we don't even realize were living in the mission field! Let us encourage one another to glorify God in every way so that he may use us in mighty ways. Be a light to your lost family, friends, neighbors, and piers. Don't pass over opportunities to plant a seed in a persons life. It starts now! :D Matthew 25: 21 - His lord send unto him, Well done thou good and faithful servant: though hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter though into the joy of thy lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment